This October 11, 2015, Carla Zamora with The Surf Institute will collaborate with the incredible team of coaches at ElYu Classic in La Union for a one-day surf clinic featuring international surfers/experienced coaches Taylor Nelson, Sophia Sarlo, and others.
- 1.5 hours discussion
- 1.5 hours surf time* (board rental available for an additional fee.)
- Goodies from our sponsors : Lagu
The Surf Institute’s step-by step program breaks surfing down into basic fundamentals. It is based on the learning theory of multiple intelligences, which differentiates intelligence into various specific modalities. Through this method, students will learn proper surfing techniques, definitions, and terms. The curriculum stresses a constant awareness of the ocean and its surroundings with a mission that emphasizes:
GIVE RESPECT IN ORDER TO GET RESPECT.
This program is NOT for the first-time surfer. Participants must have a minimum of 1 year of surfing experience and be able to paddle into his/her own waves. Attendees can expect to learn:
- Advanced pop-up and paddling techniques
- Proper body positioning and placement for critical surfing
- Wave judgment and selection
- Expert noseriding and shortboarding tips
Spots available for 30 participants. Must post payment to confirm by Sept. 20, 2015Please select a valid form